Cannapot Specials: Cinderella 99 (Brothers Grimm Original)
Here you can find a strain description about Cinderella 99 (Brothers Grimm Original) and also some user-based reviews and infos directly from the SeedFinder (if available). You can also find the offers and auctions here if Cinderella 99 (Brothers Grimm Original) cannabis seeds are on stock at MyCannapot right now.
Type: mostly sativa
Flowering time: ~ 55 days
SeedFinder Info about the strain Cinderella 99 from Brothers Grimm:
The Cinderella Story - as told by MrSoul (last updated for seedfinder.eu at the 15th of March 2017):
In 1996, I discovered a few seeds in a bud of Jack Herer I bought @ "Sensi Smile" coffeeshop in Amsterdam while there to buy seeds. I didn't expect much when I grew them, but one of those seeds from the JH bud produced a very special female that I call "Princess". She had devastatingly psychoactive resin and stayed short, compact and had a heavenly aroma of tropical fruit and rotten meat.
The scent given off by Princess, was unusual in the late 90's - not at all skunky - she's sweet and fruity. Someone passing by the flowering room MIGHT not recognize the scent as pot and mistake it for tropical flowers. When you rub the resin you can definitely smell it. The high of Princess is also more "psychedelic" or "trippy" compared to the strains like Skunk #1 that were popular. I always advised friends to smoke a LITTLE, wait 10 minutes, then think about whether or not you need any more... its easy to over-indulge and become paranoid.
We can assume Princess' mother was a Jack Herer not only because Sensi Smile printed it on the package, but also because I've smoked verified Jack Herer since then. So Princess' father is a totally unidentified mystery plant - his pollen somehow got in Sensi's growroom. Princess had two sisters join her from that same bud. I called them Genius & Café Girl. There were also 3 males from those seeds which regrettably, I didnt preserve. Genius became the mother of the Brothers Grimm Apollo lines, while Café Girl gave us Rosetta Stone, and Princess of course, created Cinderella 99.
I wanted to create a strain that would allow me to share Princess with others, but I wanted this incredible "Holy Grail" of indoor clones available to the world in SEED form. I decided to use a technique called "cubing" (because there are 3 backcrosses involved) to create the seeds. Heres how cubing works:
1. Pollinate a flowering clone of the chosen female with the pollen of a related male, preferably her father or a brother - to preserve any female traits that are linked to the male side of the family. An unrelated male won't have the Y-chromosome of the chosen female's family & therefore any Y-linked traits of the family will always be missing in the seed line. The resulting seeds contain 1/2 the original female's genes and 1/2 those of the male.
2. Grow the above seeds & flower them.
3. Pollinate a flowering clone of the chosen female with pollen from a male selected from the above group. These seeds contain 1/2 the chosen female's genes plus 1/4 more from the male being 1/2 her genetics too. I call this first back-cross generation .75 to capture the idea that it's 3/4 of the original female's genetics.
4. Grow the above seeds & flower them.
5. Pollinate a flowering clone of the chosen female, using a selected male from the above generation. These seeds contain 7/8 the original genes (1/2+3/8), so this second back-cross is the .88 generation.
6. Grow the above seeds & flower them.
7. Pollinate a flowering clone of the original female with pollen from a selected male off the above generation. These seeds contain 15/16 the original genes (1/2+7/16), in other words, so well call this third back-cross the ".94" generation.
Theoretically, this will be a stable, true-breeding seed line from which all females are replicas of the original. Cinderella 99 seeds are created from a male P94 crossed to Princess, which is technically P97.
In the process of "cubing" Princess I wanted to add a little strength to her branches because the buds were always so heavy at harvest that the branches flopped over. To do that, I crossed a male from a heavy-yielding, dense, resinous strain, Sensis Shiva Skunk. Crossing that male to Princess created the "P.50" generation (using the shorthand notation I developed to indicate the fraction of Princess genes in the cross).
Each generation is the result of crossing a male from the previous generation to Princess herself.
Here's a blow-by-blow description of the generations as they tested in my garden:
P.50 = Heavy, single-cola type plants with mellow high (too much influence from the Shiva Skunk) Sweet fruity scent/flavor. Unstable in most traits - for example, 10 days difference in fastest/slowest maturation period in a group of 20 seedlings.
P.75 = Princess floral cluster and bud structure, scent/flavor turned more "tropical" like pineapple. The stability was becoming better - two major phenotypes; short & dense (potent too) or tall/HUGE (less potent).
P.88 = Renamed Cinderella 88 when first released on the market. It grows fast and produces excellent yields of FROSTY buds in 7 weeks! Generally uniform seedlings with minor differences in floral formation and some height variance, but the smoke is quite consistent from all plants - Dense, heavy nuggets of fruity scented & flavored (like wild berries) and covered in resin glands, the dried buds have distinctly ORANGE pistils.
And finally, the male P.94 cross to the Princess clone creates Cinderella 99. The name "Cinderella" was chosen because of the parallels between this story and the well-known fairy tale in which Cinderella becomes a Princess despite her humble beginning.
Each generation exhibited a MAJOR jump in potency: P.50 was rather mellow, P.75 has a well-balanced body/mind high with a citrus flavor, Cinderella 88 is cerebral and paralyzing with a tropical fruit flavor, and Cinderella 99 is of course renowned for the fruity flavor and speedy, scary high inherited from Princess.
This project clearly became a huge success. The strain has been embraced by the cannabis growing community. The smokers gave rave reviews & the breeders elevated Cinderella 99 to cult status. It's extremely gratifying to me, MrSoul that so many hybrids were created by breeders who recognized C99 as a stable parental stock from which to build or tweak another variety. It's a big compliment to me as the breeder, and a huge testament to the enduring quality of Cinderella 99.
Buy Cinderella 99 (Brothers Grimm Original) now at MyCannapot!
There are no actual offers at the shop right now, but check out the auctions below!